array ( 'course-city' => array ( 0 => 48, 177 => 90, 226 => 77, 336 => 106, 371 => 107, 445 => 72, 486 => 108, 528 => 109, 551 => 110, 582 => 111, 604 => 71, 639 => 112, 673 => 78, 708 => 113, 798 => 70, 818 => 114, 875 => 115, 877 => 127, 910 => 116, 1054 => 117, 1226 => 118, 1324 => 91, 1402 => 119, 1492 => 120, ), 'course-language' => array ( 0 => 49, 706 => 126, ), 'types' => array ( 0 => 81, ), 'course-category' => array ( 0 => 67, 127 => 64, 128 => 65, 129 => 58, 130 => 59, 131 => 66, 132 => 125, 133 => 60, 134 => 61, 135 => 123, 136 => 46, 137 => 51, 138 => 62, 139 => 85, 140 => 83, 141 => 76, 144 => 99, 145 => 57, 146 => 63, 149 => 97, 152 => 98, 157 => 124, 158 => 103, 159 => 104, 160 => 105, 161 => 55, 162 => 75, 163 => 53, 164 => 56, 172 => 100, 174 => 101, 178 => 122, 191 => 121, 240 => 102, ), 'course-type' => array ( 0 => 73, ), )
Companies are realising that they can achieve dramatic results by applying lean six sigma methods to improve their performance. The goal of lean Six Sigma is near perfection in meeting customer requirements by minimising wastes and defects.
The Six Sigma process and its linkage to Lean Production System will be discussed. The course is highly interactive where delegates will run a business simulation process applying their new knowledge to approach six sigma performances. This course is designed to provide a broad understanding of Six Sigma improvement methodologies, concepts, and language.
The Define Measure Analyse Improve Control (“DMAIC”) methodology is presented through interactive practice exercises and online assessments.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the five-step D-M-A-I-C model used to improve processes
- Recognise the roles, responsibilities, and organisational factors that are necessary groundwork for a successful Six Sigma program
- Integrate a Six Sigma effort with other process improvement initiatives.
- Experience variation, its impact and the fun and benefits of reducing it!
- Learn and practice eliminating the root causes of process problems.
- Have Six Sigma practices become “habit forming” and “everyday conversation”.
Who Should Attend?
- Senior Managers whose organisation is either considering implementing Six Sigma or they want to know more, or implementation has started and they want to better understand their role as Leaders.
- The Middle Managers and executives who have taken or will soon be taking new Management Responsibilities for a project, an area of business or a region and others concerned with managing investments.
Module (01) Introduction and Grounding
- Definitions and initial setup
- The Three Processes of Quality Management
- Knowledge Pyramid
- Understanding Variation/ Sigma
- Quality Historical evolution
- Traditional Problem Solving
- Decision Making Process
- How Smart Managers Plan their work
- The way we work, the need for change
- What is process management and its relationship to six sigma
Module (02) Cost of Quality Coq.
- What, Why is Cost of Quality (COQ)?
- COGQ Preventive, appraisal
- COPQ. Corrective, lost opportunities.
- Quality cost relationship,
- Benefits of using QOC.
- Strategies to fight COPQ.
- Cost of Quality Reporting and analysis.
- Examples for COQ analysis.
Module (03) What is LSS
- What is Lean
- LPS “key principles and 5 phase implementation cycle
- LPS 7 types of waste
- What is Six sigma?
- Core Principles of Six Sigma
- What Isn’t six sigma?
- What is Lean Sigma?
- Dimensions of Lean Six Sigma.
- Goals of Lean Six Sigma?
- Benefits of L6σ
Module (04) LSS Infrastructure and Deployment
- Deployment Organisation and hierarchy
- LSS Players roles/responsibility
- LSS Belts training requirements
- Making it happen Three major roles
- Six Sigma Implementation Roadmap
- Golden tips for successful implementation
- Golden tips for ever green implementation
- LSS implementation Models
- Lean Six Sigma – Three Dimensions
- Attributes For Successful Belts
- Empower people by Continuous Learning
- Why does LSS Deployment Fail?
Module (05) LSS Projects
- What is LSS Project? Its sources?
- Types /Categories of LSS Project.
- Who identify the project?
- Nominate Projects.
- LSS Projects at different level, its Characteristics.
- Where to start LSS Projects.
- Identify/ Select/ Establish LSS project:
- Tips for LSS Projects.
- Examples for LSS projects.
Module (06) LSS Improvement Tools and Methods
- SIX SIGMA CYCLE/Steps DMAIC
- Capturing the VOC
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Project charter template example
- RACI Chart
- Process Mapping
- Computing cost of poor quality
- The Pareto Principle
- Prioritisation Matrix
- Data Collection Techniques
- Possible Sources of Variation
- Common variation Vs special cause variation
- Variation forms
- Process measurement /Metrics
- Capability Analysis
- Performance baseline and Sigma level calculations
- Cause and effect
- Aspects of Control
- Statistical process control