Cargo Introductory course for the Leadership & Management Training Program
With over 52 million tons of cargo shipped annually, the air cargo industry is the place to be. Prepare yourself to work in the industry with this comprehensive course. You will learn about basic IATA cargo rules and procedures, how freight forwarders and airline cargo units operate, plus much more.
This course is mandated for IATA Cargo Agents in accordance with the IATA Cargo Agency Resolutions.
This training program combines IATA’s trusted Cargo Introductory Course course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify air cargo terms and expressions
- Control and maximize the use of space in aircraft holds
- Understand aircraft routings and industry manuals such as TACT World Airways Guides
- Apply basic rating principles and state and operator variation
- Follow IATA standards to accept cargo and complete documents and improve customer service
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an IATA Certificate