array ( 'course-city' => array ( 0 => 48, 177 => 90, 226 => 77, 336 => 106, 371 => 107, 445 => 72, 486 => 108, 528 => 109, 551 => 110, 582 => 111, 604 => 71, 639 => 112, 673 => 78, 708 => 113, 798 => 70, 818 => 114, 875 => 115, 877 => 127, 910 => 116, 1054 => 117, 1226 => 118, 1324 => 91, 1402 => 119, 1492 => 120, ), 'course-language' => array ( 0 => 49, 706 => 126, ), 'types' => array ( 0 => 81, ), 'course-category' => array ( 0 => 67, 127 => 64, 128 => 65, 129 => 58, 130 => 59, 131 => 66, 132 => 125, 133 => 60, 134 => 61, 135 => 123, 136 => 46, 137 => 51, 138 => 62, 139 => 85, 140 => 83, 141 => 76, 144 => 99, 145 => 57, 146 => 63, 149 => 97, 152 => 98, 157 => 124, 158 => 103, 159 => 104, 160 => 105, 161 => 55, 162 => 75, 163 => 53, 164 => 56, 172 => 100, 174 => 101, 178 => 122, 191 => 121, 240 => 102, ), 'course-type' => array ( 0 => 73, ), )
Diesel Engine is one of the most internal combustion engines, and it is used for many purposes. It can be utilized as a prime mover for any Rotating Equipment Machinery such as Pumps, Compressors, and Fans, in addition to its use for all power plants as black start units.
This course is intended for 5 days to provide an overview of the most important components of a Diesel Engine and the function of each, as well as auxiliary systems such as the lubrication system, cooling system, and different methods used for the startup of a Diesel Engine. Also, this course will explain how to utilize the Diesel Engine as a prime mover of Rotating Machinery or to Generate Power.
Moreover, will cover all aspects of a modern Diesel Engine and associated systems. Descriptions of the Electrical systems associated with a Diesel Engine are then covered in detail including Generator Operations, Generator components, excitation systems, and voltage regulation.
In addition, we will discuss how the steps in operating and maintenance programs differ for these engines; in the end, we will discuss all problems and troubleshooting and how to overcome them through logical solutions with various examples of these faults. Also will review how to maintain the performance of these engines and calculate operating efficiency, especially when utilizing them to generate power.
Also, this course will provide the participants with a brief introduction and explanation of Diesel Engine Analysis which consists of data collection, analysis, and trending of Engine cylinder peak firing pressure and cylinder vibration, and ultrasonic signature to achieve an understanding of the operation.
Upon completion of this course, the trainees will be aware and understanding of the following:
- Consolidate and update understanding of the Diesel Engine Components and Auxiliaries.
- Understand diesel engine construction and rating for diesel generators
- Able to maintain the engine in a safer way and will make a more effective contribution to the operation of machinery.
- Learn the basics of engine operating value evaluation and maintenance planning. The special focus is on the economic aspects of engine operation and utilization.
- Understand the diesel generator vibration problems and vibration stress and how to reduce it.
- Understand the modern diesel engine electronic management system.
Who Should Attend?
This is course is designed for all employees involved in the Operations and Maintenance of Diesel Engine. also those who are involved in the use of Diesel engines as Emergency Generators.
Module (01) Overview of Diesel Engine
- Diesel as Prime Movers
- Spark Ignition Engine
- Compression-Ignition Cycle
- Diesel Engine & Gasoline Engine
- 4 Strokes & 4 Cycle Engine
- Intake Stroke
- Compression Stroke
- Power Stroke
- Exhaust Stroke
- Air / Fuel Ratio
Module (02) Diesel Engines Components
- Cylinder Liners
- Connecting Rods
- Cylinder Heads and Valves
- Piston Rings
- Cam Shaft
Module (03) Engines Related Systems
- The Fuel Injector
- Crankcase Ventilation
- Exhaust & Induction System
Module (04) Diesel Engine Auxiliary Systems
- Air Filtration System
- Fuel Storage and Supply System
- Air Supply System
- Exhaust System
- Water Cooling System
- Starting System
- Lubrication System
- Power Governing System
Module (05) Combustion Process
- Ignition System
- Torque vs. Seat Load
- Ignition Voltage vs. Timing
Module (06) Power Generation
- Introduction to Alternating Current (AC)
- Producing Magnetism with Electricity
- AC Generator
- Power Factor
- Single & Three Phases
- Synchronizing and Operating Generator
- Automatic Voltage Regulator
- Protection and Interlock System
Module (07) Diesel Engine /Generator Operation
- Pre-checks for Operation
- Standard Operation Prosecutes (SOP)
- Normal Operation Observation & Monitoring
- Shutdown Procedures
- Abnormal Operation Conditions
- Standard Isolation Procedures
Module (08) Common Problems for Diesel Engine
- Cracked Heads
- Scaled Exhaust
- Fouling Deposits
- Splash Lubrication
- Abnormal Sound / Noise
Module (09) Diesel Engine / Generator Maintenance
- Reactive Maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance Program
- Schedule Overhauls
- Predictive Maintenance
- Reliability Centered Maintenance
- How to initiate RCM?
- Maintenance Reporting
Module (10) Troubleshooting of Diesel Engine
- Developing a Logical Systematic approach
- Common Diesel Engine Problem
- Diesel Generator Faults
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Troubleshooting Matrix